Saturday 5 October 2013

The Perfect Eyeshadows For Fall


there is a buzz in the beauty world about makeup geek eyeshadows quite a while. Those who do not know -  makeup geek is a blog\YouTube channel of  Marlena- an makeup artist who has a line of makeup products. The eyeshadows  that she produces should be a dupe for Mac eyeshadows, and the prices should be affordable.
I ordered from the site a few products, but there is two eyeshadows that I obsessed with them this season- prom night and country girl. so I'm going to do a review post about it.


The shipment came to me very quickly (about a week) and beautifully packaged and carefully. All of makeup geek eyeshadows weight is 1.8g (considering Mac- 1.5g) and the pan comes with a magnet that makes it suitable for magntetic pallets (including mac). the price is 6$ for each, compared to the Mac eyeshadows that cost 15$, what comes out is definitely worthwhile.



Prom night
This eyeshadow has taupe-gray color with a touch of purple  and a shimmery finish. It should be dupe to Mac's satin taupe. I do not have the Mac one, but I'm very pleased with this eye shadow on the mouth itself. It looks lovely when you put it all over the lid for really soft smokey eyes, and it emphasizes the eyes also. I think it would fit a lot of skin tones (maybe a very dark) and eye colors. it is also really pigmented, blends nicely and easy to work with. I tried to use this in the creas  and it also gave a nice result, but it has a bit too much shimmer to it so it could look a bit messy. It stayed on my eyelids for 6-7 hours with Mac's pintpot undernneath, and I was very pleased.

country girl
This color is really perfect for fall. It reminds me the colors of the leaves thanks to the purplish- brown-burgundy colors that it has. It is also very pigmented and easy to blend, and it has a little less shimmer than prom night which makes it perfect for the crease. This eyeshadow warms up the look and I especially love to combian it with prom night all on the lid. The resistance it is the same as prom night and in my opinion it is a must for blue eyes.

have you tried makeup geek products? What do you think about this duo?

2 comments:

  1. ממש אהבתי. בזכותך גיליתי את האתר המדהים. תודה.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. איזה משמח לשמוע... התמכרות נעימה!

      Delete